Lectures & Publications
Below you will find a list of our management team’s past speaking engagements.
Angelique Brunner’s Past Speaking Engagements
- Bisnow’s Booming Capitol Riverfront – An In-Depth Look at the Southeast Waterfront and Buzzard Point (July 2016). Washington, D.C.
- IIUSA 9thAnnual EB-5 Advocacy Conference – Interactive Roundtable Discussion: The EB-5 Crystal Ball (April 2016). Washington, D.C.
- 2016 Invest in America Summit – Planning Ahead for EB-5 Changes in 2016 (March 2016). Shanghai, China.
- 2016 Invest in America Summit – Case Study of an EB-5 Project (March 2016). Shanghai, China.
- 2016 Invest in America Summit – Planning Ahead of EB-5 Changes in 2016 (March 2016). Beijing, China.
- Guangdong Entry & Exit Immigration Association (GDEIA) – 2016 Guangdong International Investment Summit Forum & Exhibition of Immigration Program: Due Diligence (March 2016). Guangzhou, China.
- EB5 Investors – 2016 Las Vegas EB-5 Conference: EB-5 Program Reform & Advocacy (January 2016). Las Vegas, NV.
- The FSU Real Estate Network’s 21st Annual Real Estate Trends Conference: Unlocking Foreign Capital: Roadmap for EB-5 Financing and Its Impact (October 2015).Tallahassee, FL.
- The Fourth Annual Bisnow Lodging Investment and Innovation Series — Investment Innovations: EB-5 Case Study (October 2015). Washington, D.C.
- IIUSA’s 5th Annual EB-5 Market Exchange — Deep Dive in Legislative Proposals: What Would It Mean to Your Business? (October 2015). Dallas, TX.
- IEDC – Leveraging the EB-5 Visa Program to Attract Jobs and Investment (June 2015). Washington, D.C.
- CreditEase Wealth Management – The Right Time for Global Asset Allocation 2015: The China Wealth Management Discussion Series (April 2015). Beijing, China.
- 8th Annual IIUSA EB-5 Regional Economic Development Advocacy Conference: Due Diligence: Know Your Customers, Know Your Partners, Protect Yourself (April 2015). Washington, D.C.
- SelectUSA Summit Academy: EB-5: How Does It Fit with FDI Development? (March 2015). Washington, D.C.
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) – International Builders’ Shows (January 2015). Las Vegas, NV.
- EB5 Investors – 2nd Annual Las Vegas EB-5 Conference: Heightening Due Diligence in the EB-5 Program (January 2015). Las Vegas, NV.
- CDFA / BNY Mellon Development Finance Webcast Series: The Emergence of EB-5 and Bonds (December 2014).
- IIUSA EB-5 Market Exchange – Diversified Capital Stacks: How EB-5 Fits within the Capital Markets of Today (October 2014). San Francisco, CA.
- IEDC – Your Public Private Partnership Dollars at Work: The New Trend in Infrastructure Investment (October 2014). Fort Worth, TX.
- CDFA Summer School/DC Conference – Intro EB-5 Finance Course (August 2014). Washington, D.C.
- EB5 Investors – 3rd Annual Southern California EB-5 Conference: Beginner: EB-5 Financing for Hotel Developers (July 2014). Newport Beach, CA.
- IIUSA – 7th Annual IIUSA EB-5 Regional Economic Development Advocacy Conference: Thinking Global: Diversifying the EB-5 Investor Marketplace & Increasing Competition for Immigrant Investor (May 2014). Washington, D.C.
- China Silicon Valley – How to Leverage Business Opportunities Between China and Silicon Valley (March 2014). San Jose, CA.
- DC Chamber of Commerce Mayor’s International Forum (November 2013). Washington, D.C.
- EB5 Investors – 2013 Southern California EB-5 Conference: Best Practices for Investor Filings (July 2013). Newport Beach. CA.
- 3rd Annual IIUSA EB-5 International Investment & Economic Development Forum (June 2013). Las Vegas, NV.
- JMBM’s Annual Meet the Money (May 2013). Los Angeles, CA.
- Northwest Hotel Investment Forum, Panelist (April 2013). Seattle, WA.
- The Public Private Partnership Conference, Panelist (February 2013). Dallas, TX.
- CDFA – Stifel Nicolaus Innovative Deals Webcast Series (February 2013).
- 16th Annual NABHOOD Hotel Ownership & Investment Summit (July 2012). Miami, FL.
- CDFA – Annual Conference, part of the 2012 CDFA National Development Finance Summit, Panelist (July 2012). Washington, D.C.
- CCIM – Los Angeles Chapter, Panelist (June 2012). Whittier, CA.
- JMBM’s Annual Meet the Money 2012, Panelist (May 2012). Los Angeles, CA.
- ILW – “The EB-5 Workshop”, Panelist (April 2012). New York, NY.
- EB-5 Institute – “Unlocking Foreign Capital Through the Federal EB-5 Program”, Panelist (March 2012). Portland, OR.
- Orlando International Venture Capital Workshop, Panelist (March 2012). Orlando, FL.
- IIUSA “Form I-924A: Year One of Regional Center Annual Reporting to USCIS”, Discussion Panelist for web-based seminar (November 2011).
- The Lodging Conference on EB-5 Financing (September 2011). Phoenix, AZ.
- 15th Annual NABHOOD Hotel Ownership & Investment Summit (July 2011). Miami, FL.
Daniel Shiff’s Past Speaking Engagements
- Mortgage Bankers Association of Metropolitan Washington – 33rd Annual Fall Seminar and Networking Breakfast: EB5 Capital: Intro to Innovative Financing (October 2014). Washington, D.C.
Brian Ostar’s Past Speaking Engagements
- The Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute’s “EB-5 Investments: Unique Opportunities and Challenges”, Panelist (June 2016). New York, NY.
- EB5 Investors – Shanghai Investment & Immigration Expo: Hot Topics in Project Underwriting: Due Diligence Considerations Given the Sep 30 Sunset Date, High Risk Project Characteristics, and Potential Effects of the Jay Peak SEC Complaint to the EB-5 Program, Panel Moderator (May 2016). Shanghai, China.
- NDC Academy 2015: EB-5: A New Tool for Job and Real Estate Development (May 2015). Washington, D.C.
- FIABCI-USA – Washington, DC Business Meetings (December 2014). Washington, D.C.
- CDFA – Investment Tools (March 2014). Washington, D.C.
Past Testimony, Memoranda, and Publications
- “EB-5’s Status Quo Extension: A Regional Center Perspective.” EB5 Investors Magazine. Volume 3, Issue 3, Pg. 44-47. (March 1, 2016).
- Brunner & Law. “Understanding Loans in an EB-5 Context.” EB5Investors Magazine (Fall 2013). Download
- Holmes, Shum, Brunner. “Protecting the Integrity of the EB-5 Investment Market.” Global Hospitality Group (March 12, 2013). Download
- U.S. Congress. Senate Judiciary Committee. “Reauthorizing the EB-5 Regional Center Program: Promoting Job Creation and Economic Development in American Communities.” (December 12, 2011). Download
- Request for Comment on TEA Methodology Guidance. Submitted to Director Mayorkas, Director, USCIS (December 8, 2011). Download
- Brunner & Morris, Realizing the Economic-Development Goals of EB-5 Through an Integrated Target Employment Area Designation, 14 Bender’s Immigration Bulletin 1290 (October 15, 2009). Download