Why EB-5 For Investors? The Benefits of an EB-5 Visa
In general, a foreign citizen wishing to enter the United States must first obtain a visa – either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence (Green Cards). The EB-5 visa, or Employment-Based Fifth Preference, is one type of immigrant visa category. The main purpose of the EB-5 Program is to stimulate the US economy through foreign investment and job creation. While people who apply for EB-5 visas can receive a variety of benefits, the primary reason for pursuing an EB-5 visa is to gain US permanent residency. The EB-5 visa is a potential pathway for many investors who are seeking greater security, prosperity, and a new life in the United States. The EB-5 Program offers the following benefits:
US Green Card
Permanent residency with the option of applying for US citizenship provides you the opportunity to establish a long-term presence in the United States, granting you the rights and privileges of permanent residents while also offering you the potential to pursue full American citizenship in the future.
Investors, their spouses, and children under 21 years of age can all receive Green Cards through one investment, providing a streamlined pathway to permanent residency for the entire family. This inclusive approach recognizes the importance of family unity and offers a secure future in the United States.
As a Green Card holder, you can attend US schools and universities at the same cost as citizens, ensuring equal educational opportunities and fostering a diverse academic environment that celebrates students’ talents and contributions from various backgrounds, enriching your learning experience and sense of belonging in the US.
As a Green Card holder, you have the freedom to live, work, and retire anywhere in the US, seek new employment without visa sponsorship concerns, travel easily to other countries, and embrace diverse experiences within and beyond the United States.
Gain access to the same high-quality healthcare available to US citizens, ensuring that you can receive comprehensive medical services and treatments that meet rigorous standards while promoting equitable healthcare access.
Third parties manage the EB-5 visa applicant’s investment and oversee all project aspects, providing expertise and ensuring transparency, allowing investors to focus on their immigration process.
No Language or Business Requirements
Proficiency in English or business experience is not required to be eligible for the program, widening access for individuals with diverse backgrounds and allowing them to pursue their green card goals based on their unique strengths and motivations.
If applicants are on a valid non-immigrant status already living in the US, they may be granted a work and travel permit and remain in the US while their EB-5 petition is pending with USCIS.
EB–5 Visa Requirements for Investors
It is important for prospective investors to thoroughly understand and familiarize themselves with the various EB-5 visa requirements before initiating the application process. By gaining a comprehensive understanding of these requirements from the outset, investors can make informed decisions, effectively plan their investment strategies, and ensure their eligibility for the program. Taking the time to educate themselves about the EB-5 visa requirements empowers investors to embark on their immigration journey with confidence and maximize the opportunities available through the program. Factors pertaining to the process are:
that would qualify, from small LLCs solely owned by the foreign investor to giant Partnerships
through Regional Centers for a variety of reasons, namely for greater security, ease, and
As of March 2022, with the passing of the EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act (RIA), $800,000 is the minimum investment amount for projects in rural areas, projects in areas of high unemployment (Targeted Employment Area or “TEA”), and government infrastructure projects. The investment minimum for other areas is $1,050,000.
Investors must have extensive evidence related to the origin of the money used for the EB-5 investment. This process is commonly known as the “source and path of funds” process. The EB-5 applicant should work directly on the source and path of funds with an experienced US immigration attorney.
The investment must also create at least ten (10) permanent US jobs to obtain permanent residency. USCIS determines whether the investor created enough jobs when the second petition, the I-829, is adjudicated.
Why Select EB5 Capital?
Within the EB-5 Program, there are many authorized Regional Centers. From the beginning, we’ve wanted EB5 Capital to be different from other EB-5 Regional Centers. Different in how we treat our clients, different in how we work with each other, and different in the results we achieve. EB5 Capital offers the following advantages to investors who work with our Regional Center:
- Track Record: We are one of the few EB-5 Regional Centers with a 100% I-526E and I-829 project approval rate from the USCIS across 30+ projects. We have also successfully had more than a dozen projects fully repaid.
- Leadership: We are among the oldest Regional Centers operating in this business. Over the years, our senior leadership has been on various boards and committees both in the EB-5 industry and in the real estate sector more broadly.
- Team: Our team is one of the largest and most sophisticated in the industry, and nearly all of our resources are dedicated to EB-5. Our investor relations team is diverse with multiple languages on staff and is readily available across various time zones.
- Independence: Our projects are sponsored by experienced developers who are independent of EB5 Capital. This allows us to evaluate the opportunities we offer objectively.
- Network: As one of the most respected Regional Centers in the EB-5 marketplace, we work with the best immigration attorneys, securities attorneys, developers, and economists in the industry. Our relationships also extend across various government agencies.
- Security: We select projects we are confident would lead to investors securing US permanent residency and their capital returned at the end of the investment term.
- Target Markets: The overall strength of the local economy is critical to investment success. We target projects located in top-tier markets across the country.
- Project Quality: We target high-quality real estate developments with superior sponsorship, location, job coverage, and deal structure. Our projects appeal to all cultures, having attracted investors from over 70 different countries.
- Job Coverage: Our projects generally produce more jobs than the Program requires to cover each investor. We use the most knowledgeable and up-to-date economists in the industry to provide investors confidence in the projected job coverage.
- Transparency: Ask us anything. We believe in sharing information and empowering our clients. Our transparency and honesty have been a leading factor in our overall success.
EB5 Capital focuses on commercial real estate, including multifamily, hotels, and mixed–use assets. Please visit our project portfolio page to see all our past projects.
The minimum investment requirement is set at $800,000 specifically for projects located in targeted employment areas, providing an affordable entry point for eligible investors seeking to participate in the program. This designation recognizes the importance of directing investments towards areas that are in need of economic stimulation and job creation, fostering growth and development in regions that can greatly benefit from the infusion of capital.
No. While English and business experience may be beneficial, they are not required. EB5 Capital has a diverse investor relations team that speak multiple languages, so we can help guide you. Our website is also available in several languages.
The first step is to get in contact with a Regional Center and US immigration attorney. Please visit our EB–5 process to understand the entire process.
The investor, along with their spouse and children under the age of 21 years, may all be included in the EB-5 application, allowing the entire immediate family to benefit from the potential of obtaining permanent residency in the United States.
The risks vary depending on the project. In general, EB–5 investor risks include fluctuations of economic conditions, risks inherent in the real estate market, statutory changes, and risks associated with a private offering. A Regional Center that has been in business for a long time with a proven track record of repaying clients helps mitigate some of the risk involved.
We make a best effort to refund the full investment amount as quickly as possible. Many of EB5 Capital’s developers provide a limited refund policy which is available for review upon request.
It is important to use authentic sources such as USCIS’ website and the Invest in the USA EB–5 trade association. Navigating the EB–5 industry can be misleading, so investors should be wary of blogs, advertisements, and Regional Centers guaranteeing refunds.
Each project is unique. EB5 Capital has provided financing in the form of a senior loan, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, and joint venture equity.
Absolutely. While we respect that the EB–5 process is private to many of our clients, some investors are more than happy to connect with new clients. Please reach out to us to request a connection. We also encourage prospective investors to visit our investor testimonials.
To ask additional questions about requirements for an EB–5 visa, reach out to email@example.com to get connected to an Investor Relations team member.
You may have heard terms like EB–5 requirement, investment visa USA requirement, EB–5 Green Card requirement, EB–5 regulations, EB–5 investment requirements, or EB–5 Program requirements when discussing or reading about this topic; they all refer to the EB–5 visa requirements.