Founded in 2008, EB5 Capital is an industry-leading investment company that specializes in raising foreign capital for real estate development projects across the United States. We partner with investors and developers to facilitate capital investment in exciting projects that help revitalize communities, create jobs, and ensure successful immigration to the United States through the EB-5 visa program.
Located in Bethesda, MD, we offer an internationally diverse, entrepreneurial work atmosphere that is values-driven and employee-focused. Our growing 40-person team speaks 15 languages and has traveled to nearly 100 countries. We believe our collective diversity and cultural experience enhance our competitive advantage when it comes to serving our investors from more than 70 countries. From the beginning, we’ve wanted EB5 Capital to be different from other companies. Different in how we treat our clients, different in how we work with each other, and different in the results we achieve. These differences are best captured in the 25 “Fundamentals” that are the foundation for our unique culture.
We are seeking an ambitious, well-rounded accounting or finance professional to join our dynamic growing group. This position will be responsible for financial modeling, debt covenants, preparing, reviewing, and tracking departmental budgets and related reports, assisting with the annual financial statement audit, preparing financial analysis reports, and other related tasks. Independence and teamwork are both highly valued. He or she will report to the VP of Finance & Accounting and work closely with the whole Finance & Accounting team.
Top candidates will be highly motivated and well-organized problem solvers. They will be process-oriented and possess a focus to maintain structure in a fast-paced environment. A keen eye for detail, a commitment to quality and consistency, and excellent communication skills are paramount.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconcile GL accounts for multiple entities. Investigate variances.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closing processes.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process and monthly budget-to-actual analyses.
- Prepare financial models such as cost of capital, debt covenant calculations, and monthly/annual projections.
- Assist in the financial statement audits.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports and other related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required; strong accounting coursework required
- 2-3 years of public or internal accounting/finance experience
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Experience with general ledger is a plus, but not required
experience. Eligible for a year-end performance bonus.
Cassie Spencer, People & Culture
This position is in the office Monday-Thursday and is remote on Friday.
EB5 Capital provides an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, a hybrid work schedule, employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan matching & profit sharing, short-term and long-term disability, parental leave, and free parking.